DIY Cinnamon Stick Tree Ornaments
The cinnamon stick tree ornaments are an easy to make DIY decorative craft ornaments. They are an ideal gift to give to your friend and neighbors or even to decorate your Christmas tree.
Other than hanging them on the Christmas trees, the cinnamon stick tree ornaments can be used to make some nice looking tags that you can put on presents. You can play around with different colors to make some really pretty looking ornaments.
To make these ornaments you will need a few long cinnamon sticks and assortment of ribbons, scissors, glue, spray starch and an iron and twine for the hanger loop. The choice of colors and patterns depends on your preference.
- Cut the pieces of ribbon into 9-10 inches length. You will need a minimum of 6 for each ornament and a little bit extra for decorating on the top.
- Tie 6 pieces of ribbon around the cinnamon stick.
- Once they are tied, lightly spray some spray starch on the ribbon and iron on low. This will enable the ribbons to stay stiff and allows it to stand out nicely. If there are any plastic or rubber embellishments on the ribbon, be careful not to burn them while ironing. Avoid these ribbons as much as possible.
- With the scissors, start from the end that you want it at top and cut down towards the bottom of the tree at a diagonal making the ribbon look longer at the bottom. Repeat this on the other side.
- Cut a desired length of twine for the hanger. Place some glue at the top of the tree and secure the ends of your twine to the cinnamon stick.
- Tie a bow of ribbon with a glue over the bottom of the twine pieces to cover
- Wait until the glue dries and then hang them on the trees.